MINUTES OF THE JOINT MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE TEXAS
HELD BY VIDEO CONFERENCE
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH 2020
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular meeting on Monday, September 14th 2020 at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – George Deffenbaugh President of the Tye Economic and Industrial Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Members present – George Deffenbaugh, Ken Arnold, Cody Ellis, Vada Childers and Danette Dunlap
Members absent – Kenny Dry and Janie Ritter
Others Present – Belinda Hohhertz City Secretary, Nancy Moore Mayor Pro-tem, and Shawn Hicks Interim Executive Director
Zoom – Mary McCarty, Robb Miller Buxton Company
- Invocation – given by Cody Ellis
- Visitor/Citizen Comments – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – no comments
- Regular Business:
- Discuss & Consider: Presentation by Buxton Company – via web https://www.buxtonco.com/industries/city-government/ Consumer Analytics for Economic Growth – identify and recruit businesses to the City of Tye – Robb Miller briefed the board on Buxton Co. The Board took no action and asked to see if Mr. Miller could come to the next meeting.
- Discuss and Consider: KRBC/KTAB – ibuy Tye spot – advertising of local business. TEDCO/TIDCO After a brief discussion. Motion made by Ken Arnold to not purchase the ibuy Tye for the next year. Second by Vada Childers. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Roof Repairs at the Small Business Incubator (TEDCO/TIDCO) – review quotes from Integrity Building Solutions, LLC and GNH Construction. Discussion included: 1) insurance information on each business making a proposal; 2) any warranty on material or labor?; and 3) possible spray on foam. Motion made by Danette Dunlap to TABLE this item until the next meeting so that more information can be collected. Second made by Cody Ellis. Motion carried.
- Discussion and Consider: Proposed Budgets for TEDCO/TIDCO. The board reviewed the proposed budget for FY 20-21. Motion made by Vada Childers to approve the budget as presented. Second by Cody Ellis. Motion carried.
- Discussion and Consider: Locks at the Small Business Incubator – Security Access/Change out locks in the building – key pad door locks for security. Board discussed the security in the building and advantages of installing Electronic Access. Motion made by Vada Childers to accept the proposal from Garbo’s Locksmith Service in the amount of $43,353.00. Second by Cody Ellis. Motion carried with 1 against.
- Discussion and Consider: Approval of an inspection of the Methodist Church Building and selling items that are in the church on Rene Bates Auction. Board discussed needing a possible survey of the property after the board is able to clear of the title on the other two properties. Motion made by Cody Ellis to hire Morgan Inspection Services to inspect the building. Second by Ken Arnold. Motion carried.
- Update on the following Projects:
Rister Park Playground Equipment installation (TIDCO) – waiting on the replacement of one piece of equipment that came in broken.
Door in the Warehouse for the Volunteer Fire Department (Small Business Incubator) (TEDCO/TIDCO) Waiting on Chase to come fix the door.
- Executive Session – Personnel Matters LGC 551.074 –Position of Executive Director and Deliberations about real property 551.072 560 S Access Road
President Deffenbaugh announced that the board was entering into Executive Session at 7:40 pm for discussion regarding Personnel Matters LGC 551.074 and Real Property 551.072 560 S Access Road. The board came back into open session at 8:02 p.m.
- Action if any needed from Executive Session regarding the position of Executive Director and regarding Real Property at 560 S Access Road- no action needed from executive session.
- Adjournment – Board adjourned at 8:15 p.m.