MINUTES OF THE JOINT MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE TEXAS
HELD BY VIDEO CONFERENCE
MONDAY, AUGUST 24TH 2020
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular meeting on Monday, August 24th 2020 at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – George Deffenbaugh President of the Tye Industrial Corporation called the meeting to order at 6:01 pm.
Members present – George Deffenbaugh, Kenny Dry, Vada Childers, Ken Arnold, Danette Dunlap, Janie Ritter
Members absent – Cody Ellis
Others Present – Belinda Hohhertz City Secretary, Nancy Moore Mayor Pro-tem, Shawn Hicks Fire Chief,
Via Zoom – Lena Minor, Mary McCarty, Rita Monterrosa and Marianne Bradwell
- Invocation – given by Vada Childers
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – no comments
- Regular Business:
- Discussion and Consider: Lawn Care Contract for Maintenance of TEDCO/TIDCO facilities and parks. Motion made by Janie Ritter to approve M&C Lawn Care. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Proposed budgets for TEDCO/TIDCO – The board reviewed the proposed budget and will wait until the September meeting to look at it again.
- Update on the following Projects:
- Rister Park Playground Equipment installation (TIDCO) – Board was briefed on the equipment installation and still waiting on the contractors to come back to finish the project.
- Roof Repairs at the Small Business/Incubator (TEDCO/TIDCO) – Nothing done on the roof.
- Door in the Warehouse for the Volunteer Fire Department (Small Business Incubator) TEDCO/TIDCO – waiting on the contractor to install the door.
- Adjournment – Motion made by Kenny Dry to adjourn the meeting at 6:42 pm Second by Ken Arnold. Motion carried.