MINUTES OF THE JOINT MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE TEXAS
HELD BY VIDEO CONFERENCE
MONDAY, AUGUST 10TH 2020
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular meeting on Monday, August 10th 2020 at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – George Deffenbaugh, President of the Tye Industrial Corporation called the meeting to order at 6:07 pm.
Members present – Danette Dunlap, Kenny Dry, Vada Childers, Ken Arnold, Janie Ritter
Members absent – Cody Ellis
Others Present – Belinda Hohhertz City Secretary, Nancy Moore Mayor Pro-tem, Shawn Hicks Fire Chief
- Invocation – given by Vada Childers
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – no comments
- Regular Business:
- Swear in the Board of Director.
The following waw sworn in by City Secretary Belinda Hohhertz:
- Discussion and Consider: Approval of the Minutes and the Financial Reports for both Corporations:
Minutes from the June 25th Joint Meeting for TEDCO/TIDCO
Minutes from the July 27th Joint Meeting for TEDCO/TIDCO
Financial Report for June 2020 for TEDCO/TIDCO
Financial Report for July 2020 for TEDCO/TIDCO
Vada Childers made the motion to approve the minutes and financial reports as presented. Second by Kenny Dry. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Hiring, on a part time basis Shawn Hicks, with city council approval to work as the Interim Executive Director and add Shawn Hicks to First Financial Bank Accounts. (TIDCO/TEDCO) Discussion included: 1) hiring Shawn Hicks as Interim Executive Director; and 2) the amount of salary at $20.00. Vada Childers made the motion to hire Shawn Hicks as Interim Executive Director at $20.00. Second by Janie Ritter. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Hiring, on a part time basis an Assistant, with the Interim Executive Director’s approval to work as the Interim Assistant (TIDCO/TEDCO) Discussion included: 1) hiring someone to assist Shawn and to be present in the building, answer the phones and to help out; and 2) Caroline Galvin – she has worked at City Hall prior to COVID and she works with the seniors. Ken Arnold made the motion to hire Caroline Galvin at $10.00 per hour. Second by Kenny Dry. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Job descriptions for Executive Director and Assistant and make recommendations to the Tye City Council to make them a part of the City’s job descriptions. Discussion included: 1) reviewed the current 2015 job description; 2) delete payroll references; 3) add designee to the job description. Danette Dunlap made the motion to amend the job description. Second by Vada Childers. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: The Contract for Leona Davis –Community Center during COVID-19 and the community center not being open and review Job Description (TEDCO). Discussion included: 1) Ms. Davis has not been paid since the city closed down the Community Center for the COVID-19; 2) floors need to be waxed. No action was taken.
- Discuss and Consider: Rent for Tye Family Care – for the time period of May through September and possible through December 2020 – during COVID-19. (TEDCO) Discussion included: 1) the City Attorney advised that the Executive Director could not forgive the rent for the Tye Family Care clinic; 2) going forward with the rent due; and 3) if the clinic needs help then they can apply for assistance from the board. Vada Childers made the motion to forgive the months of May, June and July only. Second by Ken Arnold. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Lawn Care Contract for Maintenance of TEDCO/TIDCO facilities and parks. Discussion included: 1) need sales tax information from those that submitted proposals; 2) proof of insurance also needed. No action taken.
- Discuss and Consider: Security Cameras for the Small Business Incubator (TEDCO/TIDCO) Discussion included: 1) more information needed. No action taken
- Discussion: Proposed Budgets for TEDCO/TIDCO – The board reviewed the budget. No action taken
- Discussion: Possible uses for the Small Business Incubator rooms that are not being used and have not been rented in the last couple of years. (TEDCO/TIDCO) Discussion included: 1) the rooms that have not been occupied for several years; 2) possibility of city hall departments moving in; 3) check with City Attorney. – No action taken
- Update on the following Projects:
- Rister Park Playground Equipment installation (TIDCO) – still waiting on contractors
- Roof Repairs at the Small Business Incubator (TEDCO/TIDCO) – Need to get more quotes
- Door in the Warehouse for the Volunteer Fire Department (Small Business Incubator) (TEDCO/TIDCO) – Need to contact someone to install the door
- Methodist Church – Uses for the building/repairs (TEDCO) – Established a committee to review uses of the Methodist church. Committee – Nancy Moore, Janie Ritter, Gary Hutchinson and Kenny Dry
- Adjournment – Motion made by Vada Childers to adjourn the meeting at 7:20 pm Seconded by Kenny Dry. Motion carried.