MINUTES OF THE JOINT MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE TEXAS
HELD BY VIDEO CONFERENCE
MONDAY, JULY 27TH 2020
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a special meeting on Monday, July 27th, 2020 at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – Danette Dunlap, Vice President of the Tye Industrial Corporation called the meeting to order at 6:07 pm.
Members present – George Deffenbaugh, Amye Butler, Kenny Dry, Cody Ellis (Zoom), Vada Childers
Members absent – Ken Arnold
Others Present – Belinda Hohhertz City Secretary, Nancy Moore Mayor Pro-tem, Shawn Hicks Fire Chief, Mary McCarty Administrative Assistant
- Invocation – given by Vada Childers
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – no comments
- Regular Business:
- Swear in the Board of Directors for the newly created Joint Board for the Corporations – Before the Directors were sworn in Amye Butler announced that she was resigning off of the board at this time. The following were sworn in by City Secretary Belinda Hohhertz:
Cody Ellis by Zoom
- Elect the following President, Vice-President and Secretary
Motion by Vada Childers to elect George Deffenbaugh as President. Second by Kenny Dry. Motion carried.
Motion by George Deffenbaugh to elect Danette Dunlap as Vice President. Second by Kenny Dry. Motion carried.
Motion by Kenny Dry to elect Vada Childers as Secretary. Second by George Deffenbaugh. Motion carried.
- Discussion/Consider: Approve the ByLaws for both TEDCO & TIDCO as amended by the City Council on July 20th Discussion included: 1) the Executive Director will now be hired by the City Council with the recommendation of the Board; 2) all employees of the Corporations will be city of Tye employees; 3) Board members will be based upon the 7 member requirement of the 4B sales; 4) City Attorney has reviewed the bylaws; and 5) City Council have approved these changes. Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve the ByLaws for both Corporations. Second made by Kenny Dry. Motion carried.
- Discussion/Consider: Resolution Authorizing Signatures on the TEDCO & TIDCO bank accounts at First Financial Bank Accounts. Discussion included: 1) George Deffenbaugh and Vada Childers are both currently on the TIDCO bank account; 2) will add George and Vada to the TIDCO bank account; 3) deactivate the debt cards that are in Jennifer’s name for both accounts. Motion made by Cody Ellis to add George Deffenbaugh and Vada Childers to the Bank account for TIDCO. Second by Kenny Dry. Motion carried.
RESOLUTION OF TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION INC. TEDCO AND TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION INC. TIDCO TYE, TEXAS AUTHORIZING THE FOLLOWING SIGNATURES REQUIRED FOR THE DEPOSITORY CONTRACT WITH FIRST FINANCIAL BANK OF ABILENE
- Discussion/Consider: Personnel for TIDCO/TEDCO – Executive Director, Part-time and Contract Labor – Discussion included: 1) Executive Director will be a city employee; 2) Part-time administrative assistant will be a city employee; 3) Contract Labor – mowing etc.; 3) need job descriptions for each position – the job descriptions will be added to the city of Tye’s personnel policy and then will need to be approved; 4) advertising for applications for the position. No action was taken.
- Discussion: Rental of the Community Center during COVID-19. Discussion included: 1) where to open up the Community Center for rental during this time – the board was ok with it not being open to the public; and 2) the seniors are currently not meeting. No action required of the Board.
- Discussion: Update on Playground equipment for Rister Park – Equipment will arrive on Monday July 27th and they will begin installation. The playground equipment has arrived today. No action.
- Discussion: Methodist Church Property – Plans etc for the property – bring all up to date. Discussion included: 1) has the Corporation received the warranty deed on the property?; 2) possible asbestos in the building; 3) was purchased in March; and 4) great property on the access road for possible new busines. No action required.
- Discussion: Maintenance of Facilities (Small Business Incubator (SBI), Community Center, and Parks (Rister, Tye Towne, Laney Homestead) – Mowing around the Methodist Church property, SBI, Shrub etc. Discussion included: 1) Mary said that she cleans the office; and 2) contractor is doing some of the mowing. No action required.
- Discussion: Small Business Incubator – walk in door for the Fire Department – status. Discussion included: 1) Jennifer had conveyed that she has not been able to get any one to come look at this; and 2) the City has been in contact with a contractor and will reach out to them to see if they can give a quote. No action required.
- Discussion: Small Business Incubator – Roof issues and the request to receive quotes from vendors. Discussion included: 1) Jennifer had conveyed that she has not been able to get any one to come look at this; and 2) the City has been in contact with a contractor and will reach out to them to see if they can give a quote. No action required
- Adjournment – Motion made by Vada Childers to adjourn the meeting at 7:20 pm Section by Kenny Dry. Motion carried.