MINUTES OF THE JOINT SPECIAL CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE TEXAS
HELD BY VIDEO CONFERENCE
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH 2020
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Special Called meeting on Monday, November 30th at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – George Deffenbaugh President of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporation called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Members present – George Deffenbaugh, Kenny Dry, Ken Arnold, Vada Childers, Janie Ritter, Cody Ellis and Danette Dunlap
Members absent – None
Others Present – None
Via Zoom: None
- Invocation – given by Vada Childers
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – no comments
- Discuss and Consider – Tye Community Center – review rental information, costs of upkeep, janitorial services. (TEDCO) Motion made by Cody Ellis to go with K-G Janitorial for the Community Center for stripping and waxing the floors. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider – Repairs or replace the AC unit at the Tye Community Center for a mini-split 2-ton Unit System. After some discussion the motion was made by Vada Childers to have GeneCo present at the next meeting for them to explain what is going on with the Unit. Cody Ellis seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider – Small Business janitorial services quotes for cleaning services and striping and waxing the floors. Possible costs to amend the Parking area on the North side of the building to allow for handicap access into the building and any repairs to the parking area. (TEDCO/TIDCO). After some discussion Motion made by Kenny Dry to TABLE this item until the next meeting. Janie Ritter seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Executive Session – Personnel Matters LGC 551.074 –Position of Executive Director – President George Deffenbaugh announced that the board was entering into Executive Session at 6:48 p.m. and announced at 6:53 p.m. the board was back in open session.
- Action if any needed from Executive Session regarding the position of Executive Director – no action was taken
- Adjournment – Motion made by Vada Childers to adjourn at 6:54 p.m. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.