MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE TEXAS
HELD BY VIDEO CONFERENCE
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9TH 2020
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular Called meeting on Monday, November 9TH at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – George Deffenbaugh President of the Tye Industrial Corporation called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Members present – George Deffenbaugh, Kenny Dry, Ken Arnold, Vada Childers, Janie Ritter and Danette Dunlap
Members absent – Cody Ellis
Others Present – Nancy Moore Mayor Pro-tem, Shawn Hicks Interim Executive Director and Belinda Hohhertz City Secretary
Via Zoom: Chase Huddle Integrity Building Solutions
- Invocation – given by Vada Childers
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – no comments
- CONSENT ITEMS – Minutes from the July 27th, August 10th, September 14th, September 24th, October 12th, October 26th and November 2nd, 2020. Financials for October 2020. Vada Childers made the motion to approve the presented minutes and financials with amendments as presented – dates were wrong on a few of them and the September 24th were not in the packet. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Entering into an agreement with Buxton Co. for Customer Analytics for TEDCO/TIDCO. Danette Dunlap made the motion to approve the agreement with Buxton Co. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider – Tye Community Center – review rental information, costs of upkeep, janitorial services and rental costs. Open the community center up for rental? (TEDCO) – Discussion included: 1) current rates $200.00 for 4 hours, $350.00 for all day and $200.00 deposit; 2) current costs of upkeep in the budget include $3,200 Electric, $1,000 Gas, $860.00 Internet, & $8,700 for Maintenance and Repairs; 3) cleaning fees; 4) sanitize the building especially with COVID-19; 5) Rental agreement; and 6) floors need to be stripped and waxed. Motion made by Vada Childers to approve amending the rates for rentals Monday – Thursday $175.00 for all day rental Friday – Sunday $275.00 for all day rentals. $200.00 deposit. Janie Ritter seconded the motion, motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider – Roof repairs on the Small Business Incubator. Tear off and replace or Seal the roof for the building. (TEDCO/TIDCO) After some discussion on the roof. Motion was made by Ken Arnold to award the contract to Integrity Building Solutions LLC in the amount of $105,000.00. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider – Methodist Church – receive a report regarding the inspection of the building and a status of where we are with the other two pieces of property that is owned by the Methodist Church and hear from the committee and make any recommendations on the items that are in the building sell or auction. (TEDCO) Discussion included getting with the attorney for getting deeds drawn up for the other pieces of the property that were not included in the other warranty deed for the church. Vada Childers made the motion to approve selling the items by auction. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discussion: Small Business Incubator rooms to be utilized by the City of Tye Offices. Discuss any renovations to the offices so that they can be utilized for the Water/Court/Police/Administration. Parking area on the North side of the building to allow for handicap access into the building and any repairs to the parking area. (TEDCO/TIDCO). For discussion only. Will get quotes to come back to the board.
- Discuss and Consider: Janitorial Services for the Small Business Incubator Building. (TEDCO/TIDCO) Received quotes for services. No action taken.
- Discuss and Consider: Rister Park – Need for bathrooms near the pavilion and discuss the baseball field. (TEDCO/TIDCO) Discuss included the eed to reach out to CanDoo services about rental or look at various possibilities.
- Adjournment – Motion made by Vada Childers to adjourn at 7:37 p.m. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.