MINUTES OF THE JOINT SPECIAL CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5th, 2023
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Special Called meeting on Tuesday, September 5th, 2023, at 5:30 PM, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563 in Suite 111.
- Call to Order – George Deffenbaugh, President of the Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 5:31 PM.
Members present – George Deffenbaugh, Barbara Kotrlik, Ken Arnold, Vada Childers, Linda Parsons
Members absent – Kenny Dry, Janie Ritter
Others Present – Mayor Nancy Moore, Clark Parsons
- Invocation – Given by Barbara Kotrlik.
- Oath of Office: Swearing-in of newly appointed Board Member – Linda Parsons
Executive Director, Cody Ellis, swore in Linda Parsons as a Board Member for the Tye Economic & Industrial Development Corporations.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – No comments.
- Executive Session: The Boards reserve the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the meeting to discuss any of the matters listed, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters), Evaluation for Executive Director
George Deffenbaugh announced that the Boards were entering into Executive Session at 5:38 PM. It was announced that the Boards came back into Open Session at 6:04 PM. No votes or action were taken in Executive Session.
- Discuss and Consider: The Boards may take action regarding matters discussed in Executive Session.
Before a motion was made, the Boards collectively asked Staff to check with the attorney to see if an internal committee could be formed to discuss compensation packages for future years. Motion made by Ken Arnold to raise the salary for Executive Director, Cody Ellis, to $55,000.00. Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Adopting Resolution R-23-04 Budget for TEDCO and Resolution R-23-05 Budget for TIDCO for the 2023-2024 Fiscal Year.
Staff presented the Boards with the final version of the Budget for Tedco and Tidco for the 2023-2024 Fiscal Year. Staff pointed out the changes that the Boards asked Staff to make at the previous meeting. Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to adopt Resolution R-23-04 Budget for TEDCO and Resolution R-23-05 Budget for TIDCO for the 2023-2024 Fiscal Year. Linda Parsons seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discussion Only: Executive Director’s report regarding current projects.
Staff shared with the Boards some information regarding Economic Development Conferences that were attended recently and a summary of a meeting with Janie Havel, an Economic Development & Tourism representative from Governor Abbott’s Office. The Boards also asked Staff for an update on Project Davenport.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to adjourn at 6:30 PM. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
George Deffenbaugh/President Cody Ellis/CEO