MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
MONDAY, AUGUST 14th, 2023
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular meeting on Monday, August 14th, 2023, at 6:30 PM, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563 in Suite 111.
- Call to Order – George Deffenbaugh, President of the Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:36 PM.
Members present – George Deffenbaugh, Kenny Dry, Barbara Kotrlik, Ken Arnold, Janie Ritter, Vada Childers
Members absent – None
Others Present – Mayor Nancy Moore, Linda Parsons, Donna Kendrick, James Gober
- Invocation – Given by Kenny Dry.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. –
Donna Kendrick spoke about her desire to take over the mowing and landscaping at 649 Scott Street again. Staff suggested that Donna speak to the City Council at their next meeting about this issue.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from June 12th, 2023.
Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to approve the joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from June 12th, 2023. Janie Ritter seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for June 2023 and July 2023.
Motion made by Kenny Dry to approve the financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for June 2023 and July 2023. Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Adopting Resolution R-23-03: Authorizing the conveyance of 649 Scott Street to the City of Tye, authorizing the president to sign the deed, and to accept 205 North Street from the City of Tye.
Staff presented the resolution and the deed to the Boards and explained that City Attorney, Eileen Hayman, is also creating a resolution and deed for the City Council to pass as well. Staff further explained that this resolution and agreement are long overdue and should have been completed last year, but our previous legal counsel never devoted any time to it.
Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to adopt Resolution R-23-03: Authorizing the conveyance of 649 Scott Street to the City of Tye, authorizing the President to sign the deed, and to accept 205 North Street from the City of Tye. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Executive Session: The Boards reserve the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the meeting to discuss any of the matters listed, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters), Evaluation for Executive Director
George Deffenbaugh announced that the Boards were entering into Executive Session at 6:47 PM. It was announced that the Boards came back into Open Session at 7:17 PM. No votes or action were taken in Executive Session.
The Boards took no action on this item.
- Discussion Only: Proposed Budget for both Tedco and Tidco for the 2023-2024 Fiscal Year.
Staff informed the Boards that preliminary budgets for both Tedco and Tidco for the 2023-2024 Fiscal Year had been completed. Staff explained that several changes had been made to the line items and categories. These changes were long overdue and will hopefully make our budgets easier to understand.
Staff went through each line item and category with the Boards and was informed of only 2 necessary changes: Line Item 6331 Tedco and 6331 Tidco: Social Security/Medicare – Increase amounts by $500.00 each, and to offset that cost, decrease Line Item 6810 Tedco and 6830 Tidco Projects General: by $500.00 each, and to change the name of Tedco and Tidco Category 6900 Miscellaneous Property Maintenance to Tedco and Tidco Category 6900 Potential Property Maintenance.
- Discussion Only: Executive Director’s report regarding current projects.
Staff shared updates on the construction of the Dollar General and finally receiving deeds for parcels surrounding the Dollar General, the possibility of a new gas station on the southeast corner of 707 and South Access Road, and an update on the search for a 7th Board Member.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Ken Arnold to adjourn at 8:50 PM. Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
George Deffenbaugh/President Cody Ellis/CEO