MINUTES OF THE JOINT SPECIAL CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st, 2022
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Special Called meeting on Thursday, September 1st, 2022, at 6:00 PM, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – Danette Dunlap, President of the Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Members present – Danette Dunlap, Kenny Dry, Vada Childers, Ken Arnold, Barbara Kotrlik, Janie Ritter
Members absent – George Deffenbaugh
Others Present – None
- Invocation – Given by Barbara Kotrlik.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – No Comments.
The Boards then asked to enter into an Executive Session. Danette Dunlap announced that the boards were entering Executive Session at 6:02 PM and asked the Executive Director, Cody Ellis, to exit the room. The Commission reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the meeting to discuss any of the matters listed, as authorized by Texas Government Code, 551.074 (Personnel Matters). It was announced that the boards came back into open session at 6:20 PM. No votes or action were taken in Executive Session.
- Discuss and Consider: Proposed budgets for both TEDCO and TIDCO for the 2022-2023 fiscal year.
Staff presented the Boards with the Proposed Budgets for both TEDCO and TIDCO for the 2022-2023 fiscal year. Staff went through each line item with the Boards and explained the changes. The Boards collectively asked Staff to move funds from Life Insurance Receptionist to Projects General for both TEDCO and TIDCO. They also asked to reduce the proposed salary for the Executive Director and add those funds to Projects General for both TEDCO and TIDCO.
The Boards took no action on this item.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Vada Childers to adjourn at 7:24 PM. Janie Ritter seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Danette Dunlap/President Cody Ellis/CEO