MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE TEXAS
HELD BY VIDEO CONFERENCE
MONDAY, MARCH 8TH 2021
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular Called meeting on Monday, March 8th at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – Danette Dunlap Vice President of Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporation called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Members present – Kenny Dry, Ken Arnold, Vada Childers, Janie Ritter, Cody Ellis
Members absent – none
Others Present – George Deffenbaugh, Mayor Murphy and Belinda Hohhertz City Secretary
Via Zoom/Conference Call: Michael Hamby with Merritt, McLane and Hamby, CPA’s
- Invocation – given by Vada Childers
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – no comments
- Discuss and Consider: Presentation and Approval of the Annual Audit for both Tye Economic Development Corporation and Tye Industrial Development Corporation – (Merritt, McClain, & Hamby) (TEDCO/TIDCO) Michael Hamby discussed the audit with the board members and gave no findings. Motion made by Kenny Dry to approve the audit as presented. Second by Ken Arnold. Motion carried.
- Executive Session – Personnel Matters LGC 551.074 –Position of Executive Director (TEDCO/TIDCO) Action if any needed from Executive Session regarding the position of Executive Director
Vice President Dunlap announced the board was going into executive session at 6:17 p.m. regarding Personnel Matters LGC 551.074. It was announced the board came back into open session at 6:48 p.m.
Action from executive session.
Motion made by Vada Childers to hire Cody Ellis as Executive Director of the Corporations at a Salary $48,000 with benefits and make recommendation to the City Council. Second by Janie Ritter. Motion carried with one abstaining Kenny Dry.
Cody Ellis resigned from the Board pursuant to his acceptance as the Executive Director of the Boards.
- Discuss and Consider – Resolution – A Joint Resolution of Tye Economic Development Corporation Inc. (TEDCO) and Tye Industrial Development Corporation Inc, (TIDCO) Tye, Texas Authorizing the Following Signatures Required for the Depository Contract with First Financial Bank of Abilene. and Removing Shawn Hicks from the Signatures for the Depository Contract. After discussion Motion made by Ken Arnold to remove Shawn Hicks from the authorized signatures at the bank. Second made by Vada Childers. Motion carried.
Motion made by Janie Ritter to add Danette Dunlap to the Signatures for the Depository Contract. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Adjournment – Motion made by Vada Childres to adjourn at 7:00 p.m. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.