MINUTES OF THE JOINT SPECIAL CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
MONDAY, MARCH 28th, 2022
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular Called meeting on Monday, March 28th, 2022, at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – Danette Dunlap President of the Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Members present – Danette Dunlap, Ken Arnold, Vada Childers, Barbara Kotrlik, George Deffenbaugh, Janie Ritter
Members absent – Kenny Dry
Others Present – City Secretary Rita Monterrosa, Dale Garner
- Invocation – Given by George Deffenbaugh.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – No comments.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from March 14th, 2022.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve the joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from March 14th, 2022. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Remove from table – repairs to the warehouse space in the Small Business Incubator.
Motion made by Janie Ritter to remove the item from table. Barbara Kotrlik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Staff presented the board with 2 different estimates from Cody Lawrence and Juan Talavera concerning the repairs to the warehouse space in the Small Business Incubator. After some discussion, the board asked Staff to contact Mr. Talavera to inquire if was insured. Mr. Talavera said that he was not insured. The board inquired if Mr. Lawrence is insured and Staff reported to the board the Mr. Lawrence is insured.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to have Cody Lawrence complete the repairs to the warehouse space in the Small Business Incubator in the amount of $1,950.00 with costs to be split equally between TEDCO (Budget Line Item 6011 Incubator Expenses) and TIDCO (Budget Line Item 6001 Incubator Expenses). Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Remove from table – asbestos abatement for the Tye Methodist Church.
Motion made by Vada Childers to remove from table. Barbara Kotrlik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Staff presented the board with 3 different asbestos abatement and demolition bids from AAR Incorporated, AML, and Alamo 1. Staff cleared up some questions that the board had from the previous meeting concerning how square footage was listed in the AAR Incorporated Bid. Staff also explained during the bidding process, a gentlemen came to measure the space in the Church for the asbestos abatement, but did not give Staff a business card. Staff was under the impression that AAR Incorporated did not send anyone to measure the space, however Staff found out after the fact that the gentleman was in fact from AAR Incorporated. The board collectively had some more questions for Staff to clear up before a final decision is made.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to table the item. Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Danette Dunlap to adjourn at 6:26 PM. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Danette Dunlap/President Cody Ellis/CEO