MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
MONDAY, MARCH 14th, 2022
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular Called meeting on Monday, March 14th, 2022, at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – Danette Dunlap President of the Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Members present – Danette Dunlap, Ken Arnold, Kenny Dry, Barbara Kotrlik, George Deffenbaugh, Janie Ritter
Members absent – Vada Childers
Others Present – City Secretary Rita Monterrosa, Nancy Moore, Waylan Jackson, Javier Monterrosa, Douglas Fish, Kevin Jackson
- Invocation – Given by Ken Arnold.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. –Douglas Fish and Waylan Jackson spoke about bringing new businesses to Tye.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from January 10th, 2022.
Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to approve the joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from January 10th, 2022. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for January and February 2022.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve the financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for January and February 2022. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Additional security camera installation in the Small Business Incubator.
Vice-President Kenny Dry asked Staff to check on the installation of a security camera in the Board Room for safety. Staff reached out to AAC Security for an estimate. Staff explained that there are currently 8 cameras in the hallway, but only 4 cameras are hooked up to a monitor and of the 4 cameras that are not hooked up to a monitor; 3 of them work and 1 is not operational.
Discussion by the board on where the 3 cameras should be located.
Motion made by Kenny Dry to re-locate the 3 working cameras to these locations: north-east corner of the board room (inside) by the emergency exit door (pointing south-west), north-east corner of the board room (outside) by the emergency exit door (pointing south), south-east corner of the building (outside, pointing west towards driveway), and to have AAC Security install the cameras up to $800.00 with the cost to be split equally between TEDCO (Budget Line Item 6026 Maintenance/Replacement) and TIDCO (Budget Line Item 6026 Maintenance/Replacements). Janie Ritter seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Repairs to the warehouse space in the Small Business Incubator.
Staff explained that the previous tenant in the warehouse space moved out on 1/31/22 and there is missing sheetrock in one of the office spaces in the warehouse. Staff also noted that the space was rented to the previous tenant in this condition in 2020.
Discussion by the board on how to proceed. Staff informed the board that several potential renters have looked at the space and have commented that they were interested in the space, but were concerned about having their business located in a space that was not finished and having their customers walk through an un-finished space. The board collectively agreed that the office space in the warehouse needs to be addressed, and asked staff to gather at least 2 or 3 estimates.
Motion made by Ken Arnold to table this item until estimates are obtained. Barbara Kotrlik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Asbestos abatement for the Tye Methodist Church Property.
Staff explained that all options for grants have been looked at and there is nothing available to us for the asbestos abatement process. Staff informed the board that an ad was placed in the Abilene Reporter News for 10 days for asbestos abatement/demolition bids. A total of 3 bids were received for abatement and demolition. Staff noted budget numbers and what line items the funds would come from to complete the abatement.
Discussion by the board on the 3 asbestos abatement bids. Discussion included; pricing, included work, excluded work, 3rd party air monitoring, State of Texas fees, City of Tye permit fees. The board had some questions about square footage in regards to one of the bids and asked staff to contact the bidder about this.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to table this item. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discussion Only: Potential uses for the McCartney Lane property.
Discussion included: duplexes, apartment housing, HUD housing, appraisal and sale of property.
- Discussion Only: Potential farmers market and food truck day.
Discussion included: snow cone stand, food trucks, locations, frequency, fees.
- Discussion Only: Potential parks projects.
Discussion included: Rister Park bathrooms/concession stand, infrastructure/septic, baseball field, playground equipment, splash pad.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Janie Ritter to adjourn at 8:10 PM. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Danette Dunlap/President Cody Ellis/CEO