MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
MONDAY, DECEMBER 11th, 2023
The Tye Economic Development Corporation and the Tye Industrial Development Corporation met for a Regular meeting on Monday, December 11th, 2023, at 5:00 PM, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563 in Suite 111.
- Call to Order – Janie Ritter, Vice-President of the Board of the Tye Economic/Industrial Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 5:00 PM.
Members present –Janie Ritter, Barbara Kotrlik, Vada Childers, Linda Parsons, Ken Arnold (5:05 PM)
Members absent – George Deffenbaugh
Others Present – City Secretary Maria Franco, Parker Finley, Garrett Finley, William Crane, Erika Crane
- Invocation – Given by Barbara Kotrlik.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. No comments.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from November 13th, 2023.
Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to approve the joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from November 13th, 2023. Linda Parsons seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for November 2023.
Motion made by Vada Childers to approve the financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for November 2023. Barbara Kotrlik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Adopting Resolution R-23-13 – Project BBQ.
Staff presented the resolution and the performance agreement to the Board for Project BBQ. Staff explained that Tidco would provide a 4’ x 8’ electronic billboard with the highest pixel count at 8mm to Crane’s Craft BBQ to aid them in advertising for their new business. The total amount for the sign would be $30,597.00. In exchange, Crane’s Craft BBQ would agree to create 2 part time jobs at a minimum hourly wage of $10.00 per hour for 2 years.
Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to adopt Resolution R-23-13 – Project BBQ with funds to come from TIDCO (Budget Line Item 6830 Projects General). Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Adopting Resolution R-23-14 – Project CNC.
Staff presented the resolution and the performance agreement to the Board for Project CNC. Staff explained that Tidco would provide an infrastructure grant to Highland automation to aid them in the construction of their new machine shop in the amount of $75,000.00. The grant would be used for infrastructure such as roads, water, sewer, electric, and internet. In exchange, Highland automation would agree to create 2 full time jobs at a minimum hourly wage of $10.00 per hour for 2 years.
Motion made by Linda Parsons to adopt Resolution R-23-14 – Project CNC with funds to come from TIDCO (Budget Line Item 6830 Projects General). Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discussion Only: Executive Director’s report regarding current projects.
Staff shared updates with the Boards regarding the asbestos survey on 201 North Street (Little Cinder Block Building) and 205 North Street (Old City Hall). Staff explained that the old city hall did not have any asbestos containing materials while the little cinder block building tested positive for asbestos in the floor tile and the ceiling texture. Staff will gather estimates for an asbestos abatement.
Staff also gave an update regarding the Dyess Air Force Base Public Meeting held at the Community Center on December 7th concerning the new B-21 Raider Planes. Staff shared that the presentation by the Air Force showed an overall positive impact for the surrounding areas of the base.
Staff shared that we have been accepted into the Positive Pay program with First Financial Bank and this program is designed to eliminate all forms of check fraud.
Staff also shared that the declaration to vacate the replat on the McCartney Lane property was filed with Taylor County.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to adjourn at 5:41 PM. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Janie Ritter/Vice-President Cody Ellis/CEO