MINUTES OF THE JOINT SPECIAL CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE TEXAS
HELD BY VIDEO CONFERENCE
MONDAY, JANUARY 19TH 2021
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Special Called meeting on Monday, January 19th at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – George Deffenbaugh President of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporation called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Members present – George Deffenbaugh, Kenny Dry, Ken Arnold, Vada Childers, Janie Ritter, Cody Ellis and Danette Dunlap
Members absent – none
Others Present – None
Via Zoom: None
- Invocation – given by Vada Childers
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – no comments
- Discuss and Consider – Approval of the Financial Reports for both Corporations
Financial Reports for October, November and December for TEDCO/TIDCO
Sales Tax Recap for October, November and December – Motion made by Ken Arnold to approve the financial reports for both Corporations. Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider – A request from ATX Auctions to install a Sign to be placed on the Storage Building at the cost of ATX Auction for direction to the warehouse (TEDCO/TIDCO) Discussion was held with Lena Minor about the location of the sign. Motion made by Cody Ellis to approve the location and the sign placement. Janie Ritter seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider – Small Business Incubator (TEDCO/TIDCO)
Consider bid proposals for costs to the Parking area on the North side of the building to allow for handicap access into the building and any additions or repairs to the parking area. After some discussion motion made by Vada Childers to approve the bid from J. H. Strain in the amount of $42,000. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Possible construction inside the building for placement of doors in various locations for the rental of the North West offices and possible door on the East side of the building for the Conference Room and security lights outside of the building for security purposes. – No business to report on this item.
- Executive Session – Personnel Matters LGC 551.074 –Position of Executive Director and 551.087 Economic Development for Business S – President George Deffenbaugh announced that the board was entering into Executive Session at 6:38 p.m. and announced at 6:54 p.m. the board was back in open session.
- Action if any needed from Executive Session regarding the position of Executive Director Motion made by Cody Ellis to accept the resignation of George Deffenbaugh as President of the board. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Motion by Cody Ellis to hire George Deffenbaugh as the Executive Director of the Tye Economic/Industrial Development Corporations at a salary of $50,000. Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Adjournment – Motion made by Vada Childers to adjourn at 6:56 p.m. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.