Notice is hereby given of a Joint Regular Meeting of the Tye Economic TEDCO and Industrial Development TIDCO Corporations, to be held on Monday, August 10th, 2020 at 6:00p.m. at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563, for the purposes of considering the following agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action. The Board reserves the right to meet in a closed session for consultation with an attorney on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
This meeting of the Board of Directors will be conducted via videoconference, pursuant to Governor Abbott’s Temporary Suspension of Open Meeting Laws issued on March 16, 2020 and now has been extended on May 12, 2020 for another thirty days. As always, you may watch the meeting using the live stream at:
Danette Dunlap is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87335932829?pwd=SzF2NElDSm5OMS9JU3R1akRJWHZYUT09
There will be no in-person attendance by Citizens at this meeting.
- Call to Order
- Visitor /Citizen Comments: At this time, any person with business before the Board not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Discussion by the Board of any item not on the agenda shall be limited to statements of specific factual information given in response to any inquiry, a recitation of existing policy in response to an inquiry, and/or a proposal to place the item on a future The presiding officer, during the Hearing of Residents portion of the agenda, will call on those persons who have signed up to speak in the order they have registered
- Regular Business:
- Swear in the New Board of Director
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of the Minutes and the Financial Reports for both Corporations:
Minutes from the June 25th Joint Meeting for TEDCO/TIDCO
Minutes from the July 27th Joint Meeting for TEDCO/TIDCO
Financial Report for June 2020 for TEDCO/TIDCO
Financial Report for July 2020 for TEDCO/TIDCO
- Discuss and Consider: Hiring, on a part time basis Shawn Hicks, with city council approval to work as the Interim Executive Director and add Shawn Hicks to First Financial Bank Accounts. (TIDCO/TEDCO)
- Discuss and Consider: Hiring, on a part time basis an Assistant, with the Interim Executive Director’s approval to work as the Interim Assistant (TIDCO/TEDCO)
- Discuss and Consider: Job descriptions for Executive Director and Assistant and make recommendations to the Tye City Council to make them a part of the City’s job descriptions
- Discuss and Consider: The Contract for Leona Davis –Community Center during COVID-19 and the community center not being open and review Job Description (TEDCO)
- Discuss and Consider: Rent for Tye Family Care – for the time period of May through September and possible through December 2020 – during COVID-19. (TEDCO)
- Discuss and Consider: Lawn Care Contract for Maintenance of TEDCO/TIDCO facilities and parks
- Discuss and Consider: Security Cameras for the Small Business Incubator (TEDCO/TIDCO)
- Discussion: Proposed Budgets for TEDCO/TIDCO
- Discussion: Possible uses for the Small Business Incubator rooms that are not being used and have not been rented in the last couple of years. (TEDCO/TIDCO)
- Update on the following Projects:
- Rister Park Playground Equipment installation (TIDCO)
- Roof Repairs at the Small Business Incubator (TEDCO/TIDCO)
- Door in the Warehouse for the Volunteer Fire Department (Small Business Incubator) (TEDCO/TIDCO)
- Methodist Church – Uses for the building/repairs (TEDCO)
The Board reserve the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (consultation with attorney), 551.072 (deliberations about real property), 551.073 (deliberation about gifts and donations), 551.074 (personnel matters) and 551.087 (economic development).
I hereby certify that the above notice of meeting was posted in a place readily accessible to the general public at all times, on the 7th day of August, 2020 at ________ and remained posted at least 72 consecutive hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
|This facility is wheelchair accessible and an accessible parking space is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the TEDCO/TIDCO Office at (325) 695-8253|
Danette Dunlap, Vice President TIDCO/TEDCO