MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
MONDAY, JULY 18th, 2022
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular Called meeting on Monday, July 18th, 2022, at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – Kenny Dry, Vice-President of the Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:02 pm.
Members present –Kenny Dry, Vada Childers, Ken Arnold, Barbara Kotrlik, George Deffenbaugh, Janie Ritter
Members absent – Danette Dunlap
Others Present – Assistant City Secretary Chris Illig, Brad Cowling
- Invocation – Given by Ken Arnold.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – No comments.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from June 10th, 2022.
Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to approve the joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from June 10th, 2022. George Deffenbaugh seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for June 2022.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve the financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO from June 2022. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Sponsoring inflatables for the Back to School Bash at Rister Park.
Staff informed the Board that the Back to School Bash is coming up next month at Rister Park and that we still have a lot of goody bags left over from last year to pass out to the kids. However, funds are still needed to sponsor the inflatables this year which total $800.00. Vada Childers mentioned that Tye Baptist Church is willing to donate $200.00 towards the inflatables.
Motion made by Janie Ritter to sponsor the inflatables for the Back to School Bash at Rister Park in the amount of $600.00 to be split evenly between TEDCO (Budget Line Item 6023 Advertising) and TIDCO (Budget Line Item 6023 Advertising). Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Executive Session: The commission reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the meeting to discuss any of the matters listed, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.087 (Economic Development), Project Winnebago.
Kenny Dry announced that the boards were entering Executive Session at 6:11 pm. It was announced that the boards came back into Open Session at 7:16 pm. No votes or action was taken in Executive Session.
Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to table Project Winnebago until the next meeting in August to allow Staff time to work through some details with City Staff. George Deffenbaugh seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Adjournment: Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to adjourn at 7:22 PM. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Kenny Dry/Vice-President Cody Ellis/CEO