MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE TEXAS
MONDAY, JULY 13TH 2021
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular Called meeting on Monday, July 13th 2021 at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – Danette Dunlap Vice-President of Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Members present – Danette Dunlap, Vada Childers, Barbara Kotrlik, Ken Arnold, Kenny Dry, Janie Ritter
Members absent – George Deffenbaugh
Others Present – Paul Saverance, Sharon Hicks
- Invocation – Given by Janie Ritter
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors.
Paul Saverance spoke about the land that he owns on FM 707 and expressed his desire to collaborate with Staff and with TEDCO/TIDCO to bring new businesses to Tye.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from June 14th, 2021.
Motion made by Ken Arnold to approve the joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from June 14th, 2021. Barbara Kotrlik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO from June 2021.
After some discussion, staff informed the boards that a transaction list by date was added to the financials to give a better understanding of transactions. The boards agreed that the added report was helpful and directed staff to include it every time.
Motion made by Kenny Dry to approve the financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO from May 2021. Janie Ritter seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Demolition costs for the Tye Methodist Church property located at 205 Taylor St. Tye, TX 79563
Staff presented a quote from RHS Construction Company for the demolition of the Tye Methodist Church and explained that a dedicated asbestos report was necessary for the demolition even though Morgan Inspection Services stated to staff that he found no evidence of asbestos during the property inspection. Director Kotrlik expressed the desire for staff to take an inventory of the usable items in the church.
Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to table this item until the start of the new fiscal year. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Adjournment: Motion made Kenny Dry to adjourn at 6:15 pm. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Danette Dunlap/Vice-President Cody Ellis/CEO