MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
FRIDAY, JUNE 10th, 2022
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular Called meeting on Friday, June 10th, 2022, at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – Kenny Dry, Vice-President of the Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:02 pm.
Members present –Kenny Dry, Vada Childers, Ken Arnold, Barbara Kotrlik, George Deffenbaugh, Janie Ritter
Members absent – Danette Dunlap
Others Present – None
- Invocation – Given by George Deffenbaugh.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – No comments.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from May 19th, 2022.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve the joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from May 19th, 2022. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for May 2022.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve the financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO from May 2022. Janie Ritter seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Renting large office space to Fish Stewarding Group.
Staff informed the board that Mr. Fish, who we had partnered with on the Project Teamwork Housing Project, is needing an office space to conduct his business. Mr. Fish asked Staff if the 3-room office space could be rented at a reduced rate of $400.00 per month for 6 months with the option to extend to a 1-year lease at the normal rate of $650.00 per month.
After some discussion, Motion made by Vada Childers to rent the 3-room office space at a reduced rate of $400.00 per month for 6 months with the option to extend to a 1-year lease at the normal rate of $650.00 per month. George Deffenbaugh seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Executive Session: The commission reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the meeting to discuss any of the matters listed, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation With Attorney), Section 551.072 (Deliberations About Real Property), Section 551.087 (Economic Development), Project Green & Project Newbury
Kenny Dry announced that the boards were entering Executive Session at 6:22 pm. It was announced that the boards came back into Open Session at 7:29 pm. No votes or action was taken in Executive Session.
The boards took no action on Project Green or Project Newbury.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Vada Childers to adjourn at 7:29 PM. George Deffenbaugh seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Kenny Dry/Vice-President Cody Ellis/CEO