MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
THURSDAY, MAY 19th, 2022
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular Called meeting on Thursday, May 19th, 2022, at 6:00 pm, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – Danette Dunlap President of the Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:02 pm.
Members present – Danette Dunlap, Vada Childers, Kenny Dry, Barbara Kotrlik, George Deffenbaugh, Janie Ritter
Members absent – Ken Arnold
Others Present – City Attorney Sharon Hicks, Dale Garner, Doug Fish, Eric Mallet, Gabby Mallet, Elliot Kirk
- Invocation – Given by Janie Ritter.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – No comments.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from April 11th, 2022.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve the joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from April 11th, 2022. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for April 2022.
Motion made by Kenny Dry to approve the financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO from April 2022. George Deffenbaugh seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Remove from table – demolition bids for the Tye Methodist Church Property.
Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to remove from table. Janie Ritter seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Staff informed the Board that the Asbestos Abatement has been completed and that the Board is now able to select a demolition bid. Staff then presented the Board with 3 separate demolition bids from AAR Incorporated, AML, and Alamo 1. The Board asked Staff about the scope of work on each bid.
After some discussion, Motion made by Kenny Dry to select AAR Incorporated to perform the demolition of the Tye Methodist Church for $40,700.00 with a $5,000.00 temporary fence allowance if needed, with funds to come from TEDCO (Budget Line Item 6810 Projects General). Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Executive Session: The commission reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the meeting to discuss any of the matters listed, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation With Attorney), Section 551.072 (Deliberations About Real Property), Section 551.087 (Economic Development), Project Teamwork & Project Green
Danette Dunlap announced that the boards were entering Executive Session at 6:18 pm. It was announced that the boards came back into Open Session at 7:34 pm. No votes or action was taken in Executive Session.
Motion made by Kenny Dry to approve Project Teamwork and execute contract with FSG Development, approve Resolution 2022-01, and approve the sale of the property located at McCartney Lane (Gardens of Tye, Block A, Lots 1-10 and Parcel 207069 Roadway) for $18,000.00 with FSG Development performing $18,000.00 of infrastructure improvements to the property and building a minimum of 10 houses. George Deffenbaugh seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Danette Dunlap announced that the boards were entering Executive Session at 7:35 pm. It was announced that the boards came back into Open Session at 8:18 pm. No votes or action was taken in Executive Session.
The boards took no action on Project Green.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Janie Ritter to adjourn at 8:19 PM. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Danette Dunlap/President Cody Ellis/CEO