MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14th, 2022
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular Called meeting on Monday, November 14th, 2022, at 6:00 PM, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563.
- Call to Order – Danette Dunlap, President of the Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Members present – Danette Dunlap, Kenny Dry, Barbara Kotrlik, George Deffenbaugh, Ken Arnold
Members absent – Vada Childers, Janie Ritter
Others Present – Roy Isom
- Invocation – Given by Barbara Kotrlik.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – No Comments.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from October 6th, 2022, and November 3rd, 2022.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve the joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from October 6th, 2022, and November 3rd, 2022. Barbara Kotrlik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for October 2022.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve the financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for October 2022. Kenny Dry seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Official marketing slogan for both TEDCO and TIDCO – “Bold. Creative. Innovative.”
Staff explained that after giving several speeches recently, these three words have continued to make an impact and serve us well, and we could use this phrase to market TEDCO and TIDCO.
Motion made by Kenny Dry to approve the official marketing slogan for both TEDCO and TIDCO – “Bold. Creative. Innovative”. George Deffenbaugh seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Executive Session: The Commission reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the meeting to discuss any of the matters listed, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.072 (Deliberations About Real Property), 315 N. Street. Tye, TX 79563
Danette Dunlap announced that the board were entering Executive Session at 6:05 PM. It was announced that the boards came back into Open Session at 6:23 PM No votes or action were taken in Executive Session.
Motion made by Kenny Dry to approve the purchase of parcel 60582 and 34257 located at 315 N. Street, Tye, TX 79563 from Mildred & Roy Isom, for $50,000.00, with funds to come from TEDCO (Budget Line Item 6810 Projects General). George Deffenbaugh seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to adjourn at 6:27 PM. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Danette Dunlap/President Cody Ellis/CEO