MINUTES OF THE JOINT REGULAR CALLED MEETING OF THE TYE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND THE TYE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, TYE, TEXAS
MONDAY, JANUARY 9th, 2023
The Tye Economic Development and the Tye Industrial Development Corporations met for a Regular Called meeting on Monday, January 9th, 2023, at 6:00 PM, at 649 Scott Street, Tye, Texas 79563 in Suite 111.
- Call to Order – Kenny Dry, Vice-President of the Board of the Tye Industrial/Economic Development Corporations called the meeting to order at 6:01 PM.
Members present – Kenny Dry, Barbara Kotrlik, Vada Childers, George Deffenbaugh, Ken Arnold, Janie Ritter
Members absent – Danette Dunlap
Others Present – Mayor Nancy Moore, Michael Hamby, Collin Zalesak
- Invocation – Given by Vada Childers.
- Public Comment – At this time, any person with business not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Board of Directors. No formal action can be taken on these items at this meeting. Citizens speaking time may not exceed three (3) minutes without the consent of the Board of Directors. – No Comments.
- Discuss and Consider: Master Plan for down-town revitalization on North Street for both TEDCO and TIDCO – presented by Parkhill.
Staff briefly explained the proposal for a master plan for down-town revitalization that Parkhill had put together for us. Staff then introduced Collin Zalesak from Parkhill to give specific information and answer questions from the Boards. The proposal included 2 specific projects: down-town revitalization was listed as project 1, and landscape improvements to the Railroad and TXDOT side of North Street was listed as project 2. The Boards were collectively concerned about agreeing to pay for proposal 2 without knowing if the Railroad or TXDOT would let us make improvements to that space.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve project 1 from Parkhill with funds to be split evenly between TEDCO (Budget Line Item 6810 Projects General) and TIDCO (Budget Line Item 6830 Projects General) and direct staff to sign the agreement from Parkhill for project 1. Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of Audit Report for Fiscal Year 2021-2022 for both TEDCO and TIDCO – presented by Merritt, McLane, & Hamby.
Staff briefly explained that Merritt, McLane, & Hamby had conducted our audit in December. Staff then introduced Michael Hamby to give specific information about the audit. The Boards were informed that the audit went well with no unusual findings. The Boards collectively did not have any further questions.
Motion made by George Deffenbaugh to approve the Audit Report for Fiscal Year 2021-2022 for both TEDCO and TIDCO. Barbara Kotrlik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from December 12th, 2022.
Motion made by Barbara Kotrlik to approve the joint minutes for both TEDCO and TIDCO from December 12th, 2022. Vada Childers seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Approval of financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for December 2022.
Motion made by Vada Childers to approve the financials for both TEDCO and TIDCO for December 2022. Ken Arnold seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Changing the hours of operation for Tye Community Center Rentals from 7:00AM – 11:00PM to 7:00AM – 12:00AM.
Staff stated that we have received feedback from several community members about keeping the community center open one hour later for rentals. Staff consulted with our rental attendant, Leona Davis, and she was okay with amending the hours.
Motion made by Ken Arnold to change the hours of operation for Tye Community Center Rentals to 7:00AM – 12:00AM. George Deffenbaugh seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Discuss and Consider: Quotes from Day Sign Company to replace the electronic billboard at the Tye Community Center.
Staff informed the Board that our current billboard is no longer operational. Staff presented the Board with quotes on 4 different signs to replace the electronic billboard at the Tye Community Center. Staff explained that we would be able to use the funds in our budget that were allocated to TEDCO (Budget Line Item 6013 Loan Payment SBI) to pay for the billboard since we no longer have a loan payment. We would be able to move those funds to TEDCO (Budget Line Item 6121 Community Center – Maintenance/Repairs) during budget amendments in October 2023.
Motion made by Ken Arnold to approve Option “D” (10mm pixel with 4’ x 8’ viewing area), and direct staff to sign the agreement from Day Sign Company to complete the project. Janie Ritter seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Vada Childers to adjourn at 6:52 PM. Barbara Kotrlik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Kenny Dry/Vice-President Cody Ellis/CEO